xluben
Scooby Guru

Member#: 261612
Vehicle:
2002 WRX - 750WHP
9.5s @ 150mph

Quote:
Originally Posted by Overland04 View Post
Yeah, I could have done a tune for e85 because there was a station down the road but they would have charged an extra $200 for the map and it would have been basically useless. I would have higher number for my ego and members on NASIOC to talk about but I really couldn't justify the extra $$

I didn't even get a map for the 93oct, that would have also been another $200. It sucks about not having higher octane fuel but it is what it is...
Makes sense. No reason to pay for something you can't use. I guess I had just assumed since you swapped injectors and pump. You have a lot of headroom in your fuel system now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Overland04 View Post
Thanks man, I really appreciate the understanding of the tune. I was so afraid to post my results because so many members would rather have a unstable high-horsepower map then a properly tuned reliable car.

Yes, I'm a little bitter because I spent so much money for a rather low number, but I can drive this car as hard as I want all day without any concerns of damage and that seems worth it to me.
Quote:
Originally Posted by JordenP View Post
Regardless I would be happy and enjoy, they are just NUMBERS. Guarantee if you post a virtual dyno run or airboy spreadsheet those #'s would be significantly higher. Most guys only post virtual dyno results and get all butt hurt about such differences.
I'd also be interested in seeing a log through Virtual Dyno or Airboy. Feel free to PM me if you have any questions. I'd be happy to run them if you'd like.
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads.
xluben is offline   Reply With Quote