View Single Post
Old 03-03-2013, 12:08 PM   #5
bmw325ix
Scooby Newbie

Member#: 204652

I already love this thing. All the reviews I read people are hating the prius tires and no power. Well I knew going into it that it had 200hp so I cool with it. The basic tires do need a bit of an improvement but only a better compound. The "lower" limits make it much more fun and lively on the street at much more responsible speeds.

At one point I had 265 nt05's on my sti, yeah you could get them to slide on the street but you really had to be cruising. The limits are when things get fun and challenging so why set the bar so high with a massive set of stickies.

I'm willing to bet that a lot of people who run big sticky tires and rock hard coilovers on the street never even get those re11's or advan's up to temp. I'm not claiming to be some race car driver not by any means and I'm not saying anyone is a bad driver. Just saying a lot of people over do it on there street suspension/tire setups. I've been guilty of this myself in the past, so this time around I want to be more reasonable with my selections.

Sorry if thats a bit of a rant, just my .02
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads.

Last edited by bmw325ix; 03-03-2013 at 02:47 PM.
bmw325ix is offline   Reply With Quote