Scooby Newbie

Member#: 327391
Chapter/Region: RMIC
Vehicle:
2002 subaru
wrb

Quote:
Originally Posted by Concillian View Post
1) unless your tune is for 91, you will need a re-tune for 91 octane. E85 is reasonably available around here if you really want performance. 2) the coilovers nobody will care about. Too low is technically not legal, but you won't get a ticket for it unless you catch a cop on a bad day or are being a douche to a cop. 3) As mentioned, you need a stock downpipe for smog, find one in Colorado before you leave. People hang on to theirs in CA, because they swap back for SMOG 4) Unless your tune has force pass on readiness, you will need to get your gas cap CEL worked out. If you recently reset your ECU, it will come up with several readiness monitors not passed when they scan it. By the time they're passed, the gas cap CEL will be on. 5) Any amount of front tint is illegal, and people have been pulled and ticketed for it. Straight pipe is illegal, even if under the legal dB limit. You don't need much of a muffler to get under the legal dB limit, but you need a muffler. IMO, even though the loud exhausts are technically legal, they will get you the wrong kind of attention, get something that isn't too loud. TBH, most people who complain of being hassled by cops have a lot of exterior mods that make it pretty obvious their car is modded. I've never had an issue in 12 years, but my car is basically stock exterior. I have wheels, I have swift springs that have a pretty mild drop and the Borla Hush keeps things from being obnoxious.

I have an access port So I have a map for California 91 . I can clear my codes but I am not sure on what force pass is ? I have bought a stock sti exhaust . And I am thinking about getting a Catless exhaust with a nice muffler on it for daily . Also I would like to know more about the meets that happen in San Fran and down towards portolla valley , as I will be living there .
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads.
Scoobysnax5280 is offline   Reply With Quote