Old 01-27-2011, 10:19 AM   #6
Crashmaxx
Scooby Newbie

Member#: 94028
Chapter/Region: MAIC
Vehicle:
2002 Porsche 911
Silver

They have cheaper prices because they can buy the gas cheaper from another supplier. They have to pay the orginal provider a fee for delivery, but it's not that much.

I tried it a few years ago. The process is simple, just sign up for another provider and they bill you like normal. Nothing changes on your end except the price.

I got a bit screwed though. I signed up for a fixed price for like a year. It was cheaper at the time and it was summer so it was expected that prices would increase significantly come winter. But the ecomony collapsed and prices went down a lot. I was still stuck at the same price which was now higher than what the original provider now charged.

I called the new provider and they were willing to change my price to the current one, so it wasn't a big deal in the end. You can definitely save money if you compare what's available. Only other advise is check the prices again in a few months, especially if you got a fixed price. Depending what you agree to you can switch again or negotiate with the one you have.

Overall, there is no good reason not to shop around and save a few bucks.
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads.
Crashmaxx is offline   Reply With Quote