Old 08-28-2017, 10:01 PM   #4
Patrick Olsen
Scooby Guru

Member#: 120
Chapter/Region: AKIC
Vehicle:
1997 Legacy 2.5GT
1996 Impreza coupe

Did a custom redesign of my driver's fender, courtesy of the driver's door.

- Drove the car to work this morning. Driver's door worked just fine getting into the car and getting out of the car.
- Went out to the car at one point after lunch. Driver's door worked just fine getting into the car and getting out of the car.
- Drove the car home from work this afternoon. Driver's door worked just fine getting into the car and getting out of the car. Parked the car in the driveway, where it sat for ~4 hours.
- Went to move the car real quick so I could take my Mustang out for a spin. Pulled open the driver's door and it went a few inches and then kind of sprung back towards closing, at that same time I heard that ugly bending metal sound.

How the hell did the door and fender suddenly decide they wanted to occupy the same space?!?! I've never noticed anything unusual about how the door opens/shuts, like it's got a loose hinge or isn't aligned properly, so this was completely out of the blue.

For now I just bent the fender back out with a bigass screwdriver. The Jessup Crazy Ray's still has 2 green Imprezas as of today, so I'll keep an eye on that and head up there later this week to see about getting a "new" fender.
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads.
Patrick Olsen is offline   Reply With Quote