Scooby Guru

Member#: 261612
Vehicle:
2002 WRX - 750WHP
9.5s @ 150mph

Quote:
Originally Posted by 20wrx09 View Post
wow didnt see this coming at all…
cant you just not be an attention seeker for once, maybe?

anywho, the rotated kit looks very nice. looks to be a 1.5 scroll since its a vband exhaust inlet. why not just get a twin scroll since you pretty much have it setup for that? and how come you didnt wrap any of your wire harness that sits directly on top of the turbo no air oil separator?
Thank you for your concerns.

I choose not to post my plans beforehand because then I'm left with people constantly asking about details and looking for results. I find it far more efficient to simply wait until things are done and then post all of the info one time, rather than try to answer many, many individual questions. If I hadn't been selling off all of my parts, then no one would have even known a thing until it was done.

It is a 1.5 scroll because I chose the convenience and great sealing ability of a v-band uppipe connection. A twinscroll T4 flange setup would have cost me the exact same, but I didn't want to deal with that when v-band is so simple and works great. I did get a full twinscroll header, so if I do want to switch I just need a new uppipe and new turbo exhaust housing.

The wire harness is covered in the OEM loom, and routed in the OEM location. The cold side of the turbo does sit significantly higher than the small stock turbo, so it may require additional heat isolation in the future, but so far it seems to be doing OK. I don't have any breather lines routed back into the intake, so I am not concerned with blow by. A catch can may be added later.
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads.
xluben is offline   Reply With Quote