xluben
Scooby Guru

Member#: 261612
Vehicle:
2002 WRX - 750WHP
9.5s @ 150mph

Quote:
Originally Posted by WRXt4cy View Post
Nice. I like your choices for your build, I'll probably do about the same when my stock block gives out.

So you have your heads vented to atmosphere and running to the side vents? Do you end up with oil residue on the side of your car? Do you have the lines filtered for vacuum conditions when air flows into the heads rather than out of them?

What have you done for crank case venting? Do you use to the intake manifold to draw on the crank case during vacuum? What about under boost? Where does the crank case vent under boost?

Sorry for all the questions, I've spent a lot of time trying to understand the breather system and how it can made better. I'm guessing you've done some homework on this as well and possible got some help from the guys at NF. I've been thinking about trying an exhaust drawn system to vent the crank case but then dealing the heads needing to breath in under vacuum and out under boost is always where I get stuck trying to think of a good solution.
I haven't had any issues with oil residue on my car that I have noticed, but I'm guessing it's probably there. I don't have any valves or filtering on the lines, but I would like to add that. The crankcase is connected to the heads, and the heads go to atmosphere. There is nothing connected to the manifold. There seems to be a lot of opinions out there about ways to set this up. After looking them over and getting advice from NF, this is what I went with. It is really, really simple and it seems to be working OK.
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads.
xluben is offline   Reply With Quote