Scooby Newbie

Member#: 500326
Chapter/Region: International
Vehicle:
2015 WRX Premium 6MT
Stage 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarioToppi View Post
I just installed an Invidia N1 race on my 2018 wrx with zero other power mods. I came from a subispeed axle back muffler delete and it was actually pretty loud. I might of had a higher expectation but the Invidia isn't as loud as I expected and I'm a little disappointed. The axle back popped very loud and I expected the invidia to be as loud if not more but it isn't. Ive only had it on for about a week and a half so should I expect it to break in more and get a little louder or a good amount louder? And my one other question is if the Tomei Expreme Ti is louder because it seems like it is but YouTube hasn't been helping me. From the couple videos I've found with a stock wrx with just a cat back tomei, it sounds louder than the videos I've seen on stock wrxs with just an Invidia N1 exhaust.
Given that you had a muffler delete and now you've got a muffled exhaust, I'm not surprised it's at least a little quieter.

From what I've read on here and other forums, I believe the Tomei is often referred to as the loudest muffled single exit exhaust on the market for the 15+ WRXs. I have no first-hand experience with either the nvidia or the tomei though so I suggest doing your own research on the matter.

FWIW, I spent upwards of 2 months researching what catback to put on my 15 WRX. After considering literally everything from muffler deletes to supposedly really heavily muffled catbacks I settled on a Nameless system.

In no way am I saying you should go for the Nameless system (unless you like the quad-tip and tone of the Nameless, in which case I'd say go with the 4" mufflers if you don't want a muffler delete), but my point is, given how expensive exhausts are for these cars, I highly suggest taking your time with reading as many forums and watching as many videos as you can find on the exhausts you're looking at to get an idea of volume, tone, quality, fitment, etc.
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads.

Last edited by rst.ack; 08-21-2019 at 03:31 AM.
rst.ack is offline   Reply With Quote