Scooby Guru

Member#: 33782
Chapter/Region: MAIC
Vehicle:
96 in the garage
search FIRST, then PM!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sgt.Gator View Post
Volumetric efficiency was the goal with the HC Stroker build. But the new block is done deal, it will be standard stroke and compression. We're going for the known reliability and availability now. I can't afford anymore delays.

The header is paid for. I also know Jeff, he's one of the Oregon locals I like to support along with Radium. The budget has to stay in control so I can afford some seat time! If the Perrin header fails in 2017 or half way thru 2018 I'll take your advice and go inconel.
I hear you and I know budgets need to be realistic. You'll be better off with that 79mm stroke than a longer stroke, for the given application.

As for the headers, yeah, you do what you can. I just know that realistically, they become a consumable and the inconel pays off when it lasts several times longer than the 304 (or even 321) counter parts and come with weight savings to boot. If you want top level manifolds done, I know some guys that can knock it out.

If you have any problems, don't hesitate to ask. I like working with serious Subaru builds as a hobby.
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads.
Homemade WRX is offline   Reply With Quote