Bugeye01WRX
Scooby Newbie

Member#: 506873
Vehicle:
2001 WRX
Sedona Pearl Red

Default Gauge Brightness?

Hey guys

I have a Prosport JDM Oil Pressure and Oil Temperature gauge and a Defi Racer N2 Boost gauge mounted to the Pillar.

I absolutely LOVE the look and always wanted them mounted there.

However, at night the gauges are FAR too bright and actually impair my vision if I am going through a right hand turn/corner.

They are not really an issue during the day obviously and I don't do much night driving which is why I have lived with it for the last year but have been thinking about moving them.

I feel like the Defi is actually fine because it seems to dim like 50% when lights are on as I covered the Prosport Gauges and just looked and the defi was nice and dull at night and didn't glare.

The Prosports however seem to only dim like 15% so they are so DAMN BRIGHT at night.

I was thinking of moving them to the center console (clock position) that is common but wondering if that will be just as bad as the glare at night would just be in a different position.

I was also thinking of getting some tint to cover the gauges with to make them slightly less bright.

Finally, I was considering stripping out the Prosports and changing them for some Defis but Defi doesn't make Digital gauges (which are far easier to read when driving for Oil Pressure/Temperature). And then I'm left buying some other gauge that may also not dim properly.

I looked into wiring in a dimming thingy but apparently it effects the readout of the gauges.

Any advice here?

Which option is the best? Thanks guys!
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads.
Bugeye01WRX is offline   Reply With Quote