Scooby Guru

Member#: 78952
Chapter/Region: MAIC
Vehicle:
2005 WRX
CGM

Quote:
Originally Posted by williaty View Post
You know, why not just have a separate "Show Car" forum? It gives the people who want to really lower the cars, who want to use the wrong wheels, etc a place to collect all the knowledge they have. Also gives a single place to put stickes for those issues. Most of all, it's going to separate the handling crowd from the looks crowd. If they're not posting in the same place, they can't get into fights. They're separate goals with separate techniques. It's no different than having a NA vs 2.0L Turbo vs 2.5L Turbo powertrain forum division.
I like this idea

Quote:
Originally Posted by grippy monkey View Post
^ fights will persist in any section of this forum... there isn't so many posts that it would be neccessary to have another suspension section. The "show" section idea is pretty dumb in my opinion. This section isn't dedicated solely to "track" cars. It is for general info on all sorts of related conversation. What needs to happen is for people to relax like it should be in the first place. If you have to tell a user to chill out then it's on them not the person who started the thread because that user doesn't like it and wants to be a jerk about it. This is a shared community and a free website for us to use and gather info. I don't see the need to come in any section of the forum to cause grief. If you haven't noticed the mods are doing their jobs pretty well lately.
There isn't that much difference between 2.5L and 2.0L forums either, yet they persist.

Also, the difference between a street prepped car and a slammed show car are pretty huge as well. Slammed cars don't give a rats ass about travel numbers, properly damped suspension, parts longevity etc...why not have a forum for them to showcase their philosophy.
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads.
Daishi00 is offline   Reply With Quote