NASIOC Vendor

Member#: 198281
Chapter/Region: MAIC
Vehicle:
2005 WRX/STi
WRB of course

Quote:
Originally Posted by dexterous View Post
You must have radar or something because I am actually installing the new pickup and pan right now! Thanks for stopping by because I do have a few quick questions:

Whats the new suggested oil fill capacity with the pan installed and where will this show up on the dip stick?

My car is a 2005 STi but the actual block that I had built was sourced from another car (possibly a different year or even another vehicle like a Forrester and all I know is that its a 702 casting. I purchased the pickup kit for a 2005 STi back before I knew that I was going this route and I it just occurred to me that there's a possibility that something may not fit. What can you tell me about my situation?

Finally, several people have suggested that I use this product for attaching the new pan. Is this the right route?

lol. I don't know about radar, but I do like to follow our products when they pop up in threads and journals. So here I am

There have been a few revisions of oil pans since the first release, but you can expect to be at least 1 quart (5.3 total) over where you were with the stock pan.

As long as it's an EJ series motor you're all set. Both pickup and pan will work just fine. When you purchase a pan or pickup from our website you have to choose what year/model, but that is only for historical data for us. The parts are universal across all models (Forester, Legacy, Outback or anything else that uses EJ series motors).

I use Permatex red when doing pan install/pickup installs, but there are several other types know to work just as well; ThreeBond (Subaru's brand), HondaBond (Honda's brand that's exactly the same as ThreeBond), FujiBond, and probably a couple others I'm not remembering right now. IMO what's going to give you a leak free reliable seal is cleaning the block and pan flange REALLY well and letting the gasket set overnight before putting in oil or heat cycling.

Another install tip I've learned, if you're doing his install with the motor in the car, is to put the liquid gasket on the block. It's much less of a mess than when you put it on the pan.
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads.
KillerBMotorsport is offline   Reply With Quote