View Single Post
Old 05-11-2005, 07:13 AM   #69
apples
Scooby Newbie
Member Sales Rating: (0)

Member#: 86837
Unhappy Bill Kolb Jr. Orangeburg, NY

I purchased a 2005 Impreza Sport wagon in Sept 2004. The sales went smooth.
All service so far has been at their garage, and I must say the service has been good.
When I received the car along with the paperwork, I also received a VIP preferred customer card. There is a web address on the back of the card, to check the 'card balance'. When I fill in the customer id and access code I get an error stating the id and access code are not in the database.
I've been to the dealer 3 times to get this corrected, there seems to be an unwillingness on their part to do anything. On 1/29/05 they took a copy of the card, on 4/9/05 they took my work/phone numbers I requested them to either fix or issue a new card. Whenever I bring the card to the dealer, the same person comes forward to handle it. There's a long high desk to the right end of the showroom where I take forgranted the 'business' people sit. I went back on 5/6/05 and again the same person comes forward, and he tells me very seriously, he remembers this. This time I'm told, he will personally handle it. Again the phone number is taken. And to this day, still nothing is done. The card is still not working.

Either issuing a new card, or activating the original card should be a simple task.
My main concern here, is if the people within the dealership are unwilling or uninterested to do something this simple, what is going to be their reaction, if there is really a problem with the car??
This dealership is supposed to be a 'Stellar performer'. Is their definition of 'Stellar performer', once the customer signs on the line, the dealership then shifts their attention to the next customer coming in the door??
What I'm asking them to do is simple, fix the card or replace it. It should not take 5+ months and so far 3 trips to the dealer, to still have nothing done. Are they sending the message, they're only interested it there is a dollar amount attached to it??
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads.
apples is offline   Reply With Quote