Old 08-15-2012, 03:35 PM   #339
soccer05
Scooby Newbie

Member#: 202554
Chapter/Region: BAIC
Vehicle:
2003 Impreza Wrx
Wrb

All parts reinstalled and torqued to spec. Double checked all fasteners to ensure tightness and nothing was missed, suspension, exhaust, engine, everything double checked. Got out my funnel to bleed air out of the coolant system. Everybody who does this type of work should invest in one of these funnel system, it creates an artificial high point in the cooling system so you can bleed all the air out, ensuring robustness in that coolant system you paid so much money to operate at its maximum efficiency. I had a fire extinguisher next to the car if anything weird happened, even though I was expecting it I never get used to the car smoking from the header wrap. It smokes a lot, had to get a fan to blow it through the garage (no cross wind on that summer night), as I said before the engine sounds sinister at idle with my choice of components, can not wait to hear it at 7500 rpm wailing with the bigger, less restrictive turbo and external wastegate. Should be fun... but first steps first, we are getting there. By the end of the idle session the car through the check engine light, which is no surprise from my level of modification. Cobb warned me it would happen, code was P0171 for a lean left cylinder bank. I double checked for a vaccumm leak, couldn't find any, so Cobb thinks its just the equal length headers which the car is not tuned for. No biggie, the car is getting trailored to the body shop for fender work, then gst motorsports for the fun stuff.

Uploaded with ImageShack.us
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads.
soccer05 is offline   Reply With Quote