Old 08-23-2012, 11:37 AM   #347
soccer05
Scooby Newbie

Member#: 202554
Chapter/Region: BAIC
Vehicle:
2003 Impreza Wrx
Wrb

Car is dropped on all fours and moves under its own power for the first time in 6 months. The thing sounds beastly, can't wait to get it tuned so I can enjoy it. When I moved it down to the driveway, I must comment the ACT clutch feels amazing. The pedal feel is good and solid, slightly stiffer than stock but definitely daily driveable, good modulation and quick release. I am about as impressed as you can be with a clutch that you have only driven for a total of fifty feet. Definitely an excellent compromise for daily driving. I can already tell I love the ACT Prolite flywheel, I have to make a strong effort not to let the revs climb, the car just wants to rev now. Should definitely help that big GTX 3071 get into the powerband quicker. I would recommend the lightweight flyhwheel to anyone not interested in drag racing, the engine just begs to rev. I can not wait to get this car tuned and hear it bouncing off the rev limiter. Definitely needs an aggressive rear fender pull, at my current ride height the tires are almost rubbing the fender (also due to my rear allignment settings only running -1.25 degrees rear camber to help the car rotate). We will see if we can keep the stock body work, if not its time for some flares and roll around with some sunk in looking 275's while I save for some 18x10.5 with 295's. Hopefully we can make it work with the stock bodywork, as I am not making the power to truly utilize 295's. Let's see how it goes.

Uploaded with ImageShack.us
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads.
soccer05 is offline   Reply With Quote