Scooby Newbie

Member#: 514
Chapter/Region: SCIC
Vehicle:
07 Legacy Spec B
Impreza 93 STI

Default Harness

LIQUIDSK8S:

I understand your frustration completely having been through the process myself. When you don't have your car and a lot of folks tell you how easy it is, the sphincters tighten some.

My guess is v7 and v8 aren't that different. Try this; get a USDM 04 STi diagram, which is easy, and a comparable WRX diagram for your car, also easy. Now sit down on these long winter evenings and trace every wire and wire color on the engine harnesses for both.

Move and add any wires you need to so the ECU gets the right input. This is actually easy, just very tedious and time consuming. The connectors can be disassembled, if you don't know that.

This is how I made a engine harness from scratch for an imported WRX and a 1.8L engine harness. I can help with the 04 STi diagram if you need that info. Matter of fact, I have the WRX diagram as well. Shoot me a email if you want them.

BTW, I wouldn't count on that buttinski subiekid for any help. He/She in very big on blunt criticism and very little on actual help.

Let me know.

Mike McBride
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads.
MZM is offline   Reply With Quote