Scooby Guru

Member#: 8343
Chapter/Region: MWSOC
Vehicle:
2005 2012 Jeep
2013 DGM BRZ

Quote:
Originally posted by LIQUIDSK8S
Reread my post carefully. I said i have a v.8 engine, which is differnt when it comes to wiring in comparison with the v.7. So it doesnt make it simple to have the v.7 becouse there are differences with my engine and the v.7. So i need the v.8 diagrams etc, till then i will use the v/7 to try and help decipher all of this crap.
And I'm telling you it's not that different, unless you have 2.5L US STI engine, then there are more differences. If it's a V8 then it's the same damn thing as a V7 and/or WRX engine, except for a couple plugs. The cam sensors, crank sensor, etc. are all the same. AVCS sensors/solenoids are the same. I'm running V8 heads right now using a V7 harness. It all works great, including AVCS.

There is very little to the actual engine harness, it's very simple in relation to the other wiring harnesses in the car, everything has a unique plug. It absolutely baffles me (and others) what you are having trouble with. Look at the WRX harness, look at the engine connectors, match everything up, see what's different. You are better served just replacing the parts that don't match with things off your WRX engine than trying to make the V8 parts work with a WRX harness. If you don't have the plugs it's going to be a hack job.

Only the US 2.5 turbo engines are drive by wire. The JDM V8 motors are not. If it's a US STI engine then there may be a number of different plugs for the drive by wire system, different plugs for the side feed injectors, among other things.

edit: Ok I reread that you are using a JDM V8 motor. Really, installing that motor and getting it running is a weekend job. I'm sorry you or whoever is doing the work doesn't have the knowledge to complete it.
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads.
dwx is offline   Reply With Quote