Scooby Newbie

Member#: 528403
Chapter/Region: NWIC
Vehicle:
22' WR-HikingShoe
23' F250, 18' Q5, 18' CRV

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pre View Post
It was a rant and you needed to needed to hear it whether the delivery was to your satisfaction or not. Believe it or not, trying to help you. I'm not in the daisies and rainbow delivery business.

Again the Motomachi factory has way more human assembly than normal therefore production is limited and will stay that way no matter who likes or doesn't like it. Researching for far too many months, and having the experience of buying a RS with similar production numbers, the reality is most are clueless. They have neither the experience with limited production models nor understand how this car is going to work. Trust me, everyone is trying to land a Circuit Edition. They think because they got a deposit in, a month ago like myself, or many with deposits going back to December of last year or even longer, they are going to land one. Nah, not how this is going to work. 1500 vehicles for USDM and Canada means pipe dream for the most part. Some will get lucky, the overwhelming majority are in for a rude awakening.

Cash in hand doesn't mean anything right now. Go look up video cards, newer generation consoles, hell even appliances people can't get. I know that first hand having to replace a dishwasher Q3 of 2021. What I wanted, vaporware. Had to buy something I could actually get. Until this global supply chain starts alleviating, this is the modern reality and it's still not going to get back to 100% until late next year. Then supply will need a few years to catch up to demand. This will not alleviate for years.

Subaru launch editions have no bearing on this vehicle. Realistically, get your $ in somewhere. Then don't have expectations on when. Skin in the game means you'll get a core in the next couple of years but that could be 2024 for example. Aftermarket? I'd get over that. What I would prefer is the Heavy Metal, metallic grey color. CE rear wing, CE seats, gloss black bumpers and loaded. The hood louvers they say are functional, well they aren't on the GRY so they aren't necessary. One look at the front bumper shows you the cooling they have engineered already. Bulged hood, meh. CF roof, if you do some research you find long term they do not hold up well. Eventually the epoxy/resin bonding that thing down starts to do this yellowing type thing. So that's something you have to spend $ on from the rip, applying PPF to it or a wrap to protect it which just defeats the purpose of it from a cosmetic perspective. Nobody is racing the car for $ so it's a cosmetic thing only. So in reality from a drivers perspective the Circuit is a cosmetic version of the car and nothing more. And it's going to be relatively unobtainable for most. Some will get lucky, but it will be very few. So aftermarket, get over it. A rear wing add from OEM or aftermarket is nothing compared to gutting the interior or doing a heap of bolts ons and tuning. There will be some tasteful, not over the top wings for the car from HKS and other Japanese companies. A wing add is nothing big man, it's peanuts. And maybe Toyota wises up and offers something OEM as an option as everyone wants that wing on the car. The base wing just doesn't look right. Either way both cars will drive the exact same. Are you buying it to drive it, or take instacrap photos for attention?

You do have the option of just keeping your STI and getting a DD. The reality is whether the new Golf R, this GRC, whatever, is finite. It's the last generation of 100% ICE 6MT AWD Turbos. Then they will go away forever. You could keep your STI, buy a WRX for DD, and your STI will just appreciate. It could be a weekend car, collectors item, whatever. Then you don't have to sweat nothing. DD a STI or GRC is dumb to me because there won't be a replacement for it down the road. Weekend/track/fun vehicle, sure. But oh I'm going to DD this thing, ok, well be prepared after that your replacement will be hybrid, automatic, EV, but it won't be this. Times are a changing and most cannot deal with change.

$ stuff you mentioned, I'm sure it's just YOLO and people saying f it, I deserve this, and I will worry about my debt later.

The reality at the end of the day is that getting one of these at all will be a chore for most anyone. Toyota has even said so if you read between the lines. So you have multiple options. One, put a deposit in after you find a MSRP dealer. Next realize that's just a good faith thing between you and them, zero guarantees. There is no ordering system, dealers have zero information as to allocation, ordering, anything. After that realize 2023, 2024, even 2025. Production is what it is. CE or launch edition, forget it. Your honest best option for that is the 2nd hand market and you will pay 10k over MSRP or more, whatever that is, because nobody knows. I'm sure we will see absolutely ridiculous bs with that. 60k, 70k, 80k, I'd bank on it. There are many people on the GRC forum already stating they will be a predator on this and don't care about fellow enthusiasts. They are all out for themselves. Talk of flipping the one they get and going after a 2nd one, think Ebay type nonsense. If dead set on some limited thing, well Toyo has said the CE is just the first year limited thing. There will be more signature trims. So wait until that info is out there for 2024 and 2025. Then your other options are other vehicles. Supra, Z, new CTR, Golf R, just get something else. You want to fully grasp the demand on this thing? Read the GRC forum. Then go to each youtube video and read the comments. You'll start to grasp the situation then. You know how many instacrap influencers, you boob channels, etc, are going to buy one to release content on it? Start stacking the information up ,be realistic, and then you start to understand you'll be lucky to get one at all. Reality get some skin in the game, be prepared to hurry up and wait, and realize what you're gonna get, if you get, you'll just have to settle one way or the other. You can get one but it will not be easy or come without work. If you work for it, sure, but limited editions and such, I'd forget it unless you are literally willing to pay out your ass. This is the truth.
Its just as Pre says, couldn't type it better. Maybe, hopefully ill be able to convert the clad-rx into just a normal one sooner rather than later. Otherwise itll end up looking like my truck, flaps, push-bar, Mud n' snows.
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads.
Russ_G93 is offline   Reply With Quote