View Single Post
Old 05-19-2012, 08:32 PM   #21
ByeBye4g63t
Scooby Newbie

Member#: 290896
Vehicle:
2004 STi, FOR SALE
PSM

Got the car back yesterday. What a hiatus that was. I picked the car up and on the drive home, it felt SLOWER than the pump gas tune. Was only getting 14 psi on the boost gauge. WTF!? Looked around under the hood, and what do you know, the TMIC to Throttle body intercooler pipe was disconnected. Cleaned it off (had oil in it) and re-installed it with hair spray and let it sit. Drove around for a while, with a huge grin on my face I might add, only to have the car throw a CEL. Great.
I plug in my scanner and read the code. PO457. Must have been a line that fell off. Pop the hood and it's the line that runs from the BPV to that black thingy that was disconnected. Re-installed it, and ziptied ALL of the lines, including the one that is next to the alternator (t-fitting) that is a huge PITA to get to lol. Now it runs fantastic, no codes so far. And to Crofty, I was not disappointed at all, it still maxes out the factory lammco boost gauge even in this 100 degree weather with the A/C on and she just flat out ****s and Gets! I'm no expert, but this car has at the very least a 110 trap in it, even in this 100 degree weather.
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads.
ByeBye4g63t is offline   Reply With Quote