Old 01-08-2013, 11:42 AM   #14
skizzler
Scooby Newbie

Member#: 341116
Chapter/Region: RMIC
Vehicle:
00 RS
blueish

Havent heard alot about the reliability on the porsche vgt turbos but those are also water cooled to aid in egts.

Food for thought, there is probably a reason porsche only ran the vgt turbos for 2ish years before going back to a standard turbo design. Also, havent seen a lot or porsche 911's with 100k miles on them. Also havent seen a mess of 89 shelby csx's running around either.....

Not trying to hinder the idea of running a vgt turbo as I think it would be awesome to have a turbo with a changable exhaust a/r on the fly. The garrett gt3782va has in lamens terms a .4 to approx 1.1 exhaust a/r depending on vane position. Not 100% on the holset he351ve but I think its approx a .58 to 1.14 exhaust a/r depending on vane position. Hence 20 psi at 2300 rpm clear to redline with no boost taper. Sign me up! Its just the cost vs reliability and functionality thats scary.

One more thing, assuming one was to purchase a pair of porsche vgt turbos, what happens if it ever fails? Dont think there is alot of places willing to repair it with a warranty, and the cost has to be astronomical.
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads.
skizzler is offline   Reply With Quote