View Single Post
Old 01-30-2020, 09:20 PM   #4
Jacob11531
Scooby Newbie

Member#: 506759
Vehicle:
2009 WRX

For sure,

1. I will check into what you guys suggested for the power steering and let you know what I see on Saturday when I have time to work on it. Coming off what you said Trob, I have read a few post saying how these cars naturally rev the car a little bit at an idle to aid the power steering when the wheel is turned. And yes the car is drive by idle so that takes out the chance of a dirty IAC valve. Car has a brand new throttle body replaced by the old owner, looked very clean as well while taking a close look when the TGV's and manifold were removed.

2. I already have a qt of 0W-40 Mobile 1 laying around so I will end up doing this change with this oil and if it holds up well this time, I will continue using it for now. However, is it better for me to run the 5W-30 still such as Motul? Besides being recommended to use the 0W-40 by an engine builder, can the thicker oil help out more since the motor is 75k? My 2 options for filters is a quick stop in and out of for a WIX filter or I will have to drive 30 mins to the dealership for an OEM. I'm sure either are fine but does one exceed the other?

3. This car does have a stage 3 clutch but all I know is that and not the brand. I'm sure it is an ACT though. I will call them first as you said Trob and see what the say. I will take a peek at the service manual as well. I just want to make sure the adjustment is correct for peace of mind.

Once again, I appreciate all the help!
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads.
Jacob11531 is offline   Reply With Quote