ROTORCRAFT230
Scooby Newbie

Member#: 385360
Vehicle:
2014 Impreza WRX
Plasma Blue

Quote:
Originally Posted by Patrick Olsen View Post
A few years ago I was seat shopping for my Mustang and the R100 was one of the seats I sat in. I was really unimpressed. I just went searching back and found my review on another forum when I was doing the shopping - "The R100s are very basic. I fit in them fine, but as the OG salesman said, they're like a park bench with a little bit of bolstering on the sides. The lower cushion and the seat back have almost no shape to them at all. I was pretty surprised/disappointed at how cheesy they seemed."

I would strongly encourage you to find some way to "try on" the seats you might be interested in. I drove 6+ hours round trip to go to a shop that actually had Sparco and OMP seats in their showroom so I could sit in them. A nearby shop had Corbeau seats in stock so I could try those out on the same day. Before trying them out, I had been intending to buy some Sparcos, but I ended up with Corbeaus, because the Sparcos didn't fit me right. Obviously, your driver seat is a key part of your experience with your car, so even if you have to spend a day driving to/from a shop to get to actually put your butt in some showroom models, it's worth it.

Thanks for the info, and yes trying out different seats would be ideal. I would agree that they seemed generic, plain and would probably be disappointed. I may look into adding something to the stock seat and see how that goes.
Thanks
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads.
ROTORCRAFT230 is offline   Reply With Quote