View Single Post
Old 10-28-2013, 04:37 PM   #21
Concillian
Scooby Guru

Member#: 4414
Vehicle:
2002 WRX Sedan
Midnight Black

It's still something I enjoy. I'm kinda easy to please, I went like 150k on a TD04. I'm not the type to go changing my mind much after I've committed.

Gearbox is still in one piece
I've only had two problems:
- I seem to be leaking coolant somewhere. I can smell it and see white residue on the header tank and passenger head and need to fill the overflow periodically, but whenever I open the hood it's dry.
- I had to cut the large one piece Process West silicone hose to shorten the elbow for the slightly different location of the compressor output. The joiner needed to be really short, and I didn't have room for a 3" joiner with rolled edges on both ends. I had to chop one up, and used a completely smooth joiner. It worked for a long time, but blew apart a few weeks ago. I got it back together using one rolled end and a double clamp on the flat end. It held up to a lot of yanking and twisting, so it should hold indefinitely now.

I've been tuning some cars for locals (both Subarus and Evos), so I've seen a few setups over those few months. This is the favorite of what I've driven, but if I had a stock turbo STi, I'd probably be happy with that (on E85) and leave it alone, mostly did what I did because of the deficiencies with the EJ205 and the age of the stock motor.
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads.
Concillian is offline   Reply With Quote