Scooby Newbie

Member#: 498642
Chapter/Region: Tri-State
Vehicle:
'19 WRX Limited 6MT
'08 Mustang GT (the toy)

Quote:
Originally Posted by DoubleyouAreExMan View Post
For the sake of a fair comparison let's say it's multiple jobs they're doing and they have to order a bunch of parts. My credit card has been getting charged seemingly randomly. I didn't think much of it but the amounts they're charging me seem kind of weird, even numbers (for example getting billed exactly $500). I'm waiting on a response from them but I am curious whether this is normal or not. Usually I pay after the fact. And they have charged me a handful of times with no notice at all for what the charges are for.
I could understand being charged up front for exactly the amount of money that the shop would have to front you for (in other than stock original-equipment Subaru parts, at least, like the shift forks I saw mentioned elsewhere). I would expect an itemized invoice and exact charging, just like you'd get if you were doing the jobs yourself and either ordering the parts or getting them across the parts counter.

My outlook has been similar to JonW's in that I've been doing nearly all of the maintenance, repair, and modification work on all the cars I've ever owned. That dates back into the 1960's, and as I type this I'm actually partway through getting a couple of drivetrain and suspension mods for the Mustang done.

Norm
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads.
Norm Peterson is offline   Reply With Quote