View Single Post
Old 12-03-2019, 09:27 AM   #8
Augustine864
Scooby Newbie

Member#: 453838

Quote:
Originally Posted by IHaveAHorse View Post
You could install lift spacers or lift springs (King springs maybe?) which would give you an inch to an inch and a quarter of lift, and then install larger tires depending on what size wheels you have right now. I was looking into that the other day and I saw one member here had installed larger tires, I think it was flyboy1100. I'm not sure how much more of a lift you can get without rubbing on something. At least half an inch, probably. Plus you have bigger tires to absorb shock from the bad roads and soften the ride a bit.
Thanks. Yeah, I was thinking spacers also, I just donít know if thatís something that the locals can do or what (because theyíve probably never seen a subaru in their lives), or if spacers are so simple that it is effectively the same installation on most cars (including subaru). Iím not a car guy, so I just donít know what I can expect these guys down here to be able to do with regard to a subaru. I donít even know what size tires I have. Whatever is stock on a 2016 sport Ltd.

Then the thread that the other forum-goer here linked me to talks about different trailing arms and all kinds of stuff if you add spacers, and that really makes me wonder if itís too complicated. If it were just a matter of adding the spacers and doing a wheel alignment afterward, Iíd do it. We are going to sell the car at the end of this anyway. But if I need all kinds of other stuff swapped out, Iím less confident in having someone do all that on a car (and AWD system) that theyíve never seen before.
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads.
Augustine864 is offline   Reply With Quote