Scooby Guru

Member#: 873
Chapter/Region: TXIC
Vehicle:
2020 Legacy / Ascent
Datsun 71 240Z & 68 2000

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pre View Post
A few seconds. Not something I have ever thought about in almost 6 years of ownership.

Really? Itís about as painless as something can be. Iíve rented them for 20+ years for work, for road trips. Iím in and out of the corporate chain in 5 minutes. Best thing is they have the best road side. Iíve had a flat before where it needed a doughnut thrown on. I call in after I have changed the tire (I did not want to wait on a truck, it was offered) and arrange to swap cars on my trip. In my own vehicle Iíd have to find a tire shop, and dick with that for a few hours if I can find one along the way and if they are open.

You should say renting a car sucks for you. Itís easier than hitting the grocery store here.
IT sucks for everybody.

You have to go online, find a local car rental place. Find a price and car you want.

REserve it.

Drive up there and have a buddy come with you so they can drive your car back home.

Drop it off and have your buddy come and get you.

Or if you use Enterprise, you have them come and get you, then you have to drive them back and drop them off.

It is never easy and pain free. Renting a car versus just using your own car. It is never easy to rent a car compared to using the car in your own driveway.

Not sure why you said where I live. I am right outside of the 4th largest city in the country. WE have probably close to 200 rental car places near me. None of them are convenient. What you are really saying is you do not mind the inconvenience. I however value my time far more.
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads.
SCRAPPYDO is offline   Reply With Quote