Former Vendor

Member#: 206860
Chapter/Region: MAIC
Vehicle:
13 BRZ 05 92X Aero
White, Black

Quote:
Originally Posted by bdoyle87 View Post
How about, why did my dealer in a non front-plate state, drill holes into my front bumper to put on a ugly dealer promotional tag, especially when there are those factory bracket slots on the bumper they could have used! I was mad about that.
Every Dealer has their own respective "prep" that they do for a vehicle.
These include:
Putting plastic dealer tags
Taking off the shipping plastic
Laying down floor protection
Adding dealer swag - door guards, pinstriping, dealer decals/emblems, sticker addendums,etc..

Luckily we don't really do any of the "typical" dealer prep.

It's all put together from the top Mgt down. Usually Sales has no control over these things.

Quote:
Originally Posted by patrick10 View Post
What is the best way to get the most for a trade in? Generally the story goes, car is worth $20k and the salesman offers $15k. Are there certain guides, (NADA, KBB, Edmunds) that are more accurate than others?
The best way for the consumer to know trade-in values is to get a couple of appraisals done.
If you don't have the time or patience, then you need some form of access to see the car auctions. This will tell you what cars are actually selling for daily.

We use the auctions as a base to see what we can sell the car for, on our lot or at the auction.

Usually dealers will make/lose anywhere from 500-3000 on a trade-in. It's a gamble on our end that we take to buy your car and make a new car deal.

NADA,KBB,Edmunds are all very good tools. But never are they as accurate as our tools because they aren't updated fast enough.
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads.
Beyer Subaru is offline   Reply With Quote