Member#: 90539
Chapter/Region: South East
Vehicle:
My BOV goes
COVFEFE!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MazNJ View Post
Milltek catback.
Id1000s for the 3067, Id1700s for the 3576.
Spearco TMIC for both.
Stock cams on the 3067, 272/268 on the 3576.
Aem320 fp on both. Upgrading to a radium surge tank with dual 320s shortly.
For both, used a supertrapp ewg muffler. Removing it to see if it helps spool or power.

Someone mentioned a Milltek catback when I was trying to find something available to kill the el high tones before getting the Invidia. I noticed one of their wrx exhausts uses two resonators as opposed to most aftermarkets one or none, good way to kill higher tones and make it more mellow.

Why are you upgrading fuel, is the AEM 320 over the limit? I've read a few times of the DW300 making serious power. That is what I have now, but am not sure it will handle the power level I'm looking for. I see people making 500hp on single pumps and it makes me wonder why so many go with surge tanks and dual setups. Is it for keeping air out of the fuel with high G maneuvers?

I was considering a supertrapp, but yeah it seems pretty restrictive for something that you want zero restriction to perform correctly. The new plan is to use a cheap straight through fiber packed minibike muffler. That should be enough baffling to make it bearable, if not you can add another inline. So long as the ID remains the same, you should be able to extend the tubing a ways for more baffling. We shall see...
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads.
2slofouru is offline   Reply With Quote