Old 10-14-2011, 03:15 PM   #1
Maxwell Power
Former Vendor

Member#: 190729
Chapter/Region: NWIC
Default Subaru Tech or Tuner wanted

Additional Job opening up here at MPS.

Looking for one of two things:

*Either someone with experience working on Subarus and other models (Nissan, GM LSx powered anything, Mitsubishi experience not required)

or

*Tuning apprentice

As it currently stands I do too much here at the shop. I have more tasks than I can accomplish in my given amount of time. I need help. By acquiring either a floor worker or another tuner I can free up some time to provide better service to my customers.

Responsibilities:
*Receive and ship products, help with inventory.
*Remove and install performance products
*Perform routine maintenance
*Clean the shop.
*Answer the phone.
*Drive cars on and off the dyno.

Key traits:
-Accountability and responsibility: My biggest rule here is "own up". If you screw up, accept it. Accidents happen and we all have a lot of learning to do. Take your mistakes as a chance to learn from them. Do not point the finger and do not make other people miserable by giving them attitude when you mess something up. If you make a mistake and point the finger at someone else, I'll point my finger out the door. I can admit when I mess up, so should my employees. ATTITUDE IS EVERYTHING. We want an positive environment. It can be stressful when you're dealing with hundreds of people a day so coming to work with a great attitude is a plus.

-Attention to detail: Craig and I have very high standards for the quality of work that we want. We need someone who has an open mind and open eyes. See the job, plan it and execute. Pay attention to the little things. The little things make or break a job/service. If you do everything right, but forget one hose clamp it looks bad on the company. Don't assume.

-Motivated: As a small shop there isn't enough time for me to tell you every little task you need to do. However, if you don't know what to do, don't be afraid to ask. I rather you ask than stand around staring at a computer screen or twiddling your thumbs. Dave shows up early every day for work. While early is great, on time is the only requirement.
-Respect: Respect others, respect others' property and respect our policies. We try to run the shop as a family type atmosphere and we like to have fun.

For a tuning apprentice there is one more thing: This is Maxwell Power Services, home of the "Dom Tune". I would like someone with some experience tuning, HOWEVER, you have to be willing to learn my ways of doing things. If you are coming here convinced you can do it better, don't waste my time applying. I have a LOT to teach and provide, but I don't know all the answers and your input is welcome. Regardless though, tunes are done my way. If we come to an agreement on how to change something, only then will something different be acceptable. Be prepared to turn wrenches. If you can't turn wrenches, then you can't be a good tuner. A good tuner needs to be able to troubleshoot. Tuning is 75% troubleshooting. You can't succeed at troubleshooting if you don't know how these engines go together.

Again, we don't have enough time to teach everything, so some experience is required for both positions.

Pay: Varies based on qualifications with bonuses every pay period.
Benefits:
*Great deals on parts (10% over our cost)
*Knowledge. Learn to build engines to the highest standards around. Learn to tune all sorts of platforms.
*Vacation is available, both paid and unpaid.
*Fun. We have a lot of fun here. We get to tune and wrench on some of the fastest cars in the country.

Please email your resume to [email protected]. References and cover letter are optional, but recommended.
Also, please include your screen name if you email me. This helps me keep people straight.

Thanks for reading,
Dominic Acia
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads.

Last edited by Maxwell Power; 06-22-2012 at 09:09 PM.