View Single Post
Old 01-30-2017, 02:27 AM   #18
spdracerut
Scooby Newbie

Member#: 269226

Quote:
Originally Posted by A-man07 View Post
These Gen 2 GTX turbos look to be the same compressor outer dimensions and should work though I couldn't tell if the Tial turbine housings fit or not. ATP shows Garrett as having designed their own freer flowing turbine housings, "Ni-Resist," in different A/R ratios but they also appear larger in outer dimension that the Tial SS housings. Chris talks to directly to Garrett so should be able to find out.

Interestingly, it looks like a Gen 2 GTX2867 will outflow my old GT3076 and more efficiently Glad I waited to make some changes. Now if Chris will get a larger shop to accomodate some customer cars!
Garrett showed them off back in 2013 at SEMA:
http://www.motoiq.com/MagazineArticl...--Part-II.aspx

They are a bit larger in outer diameter because of the 'mohawk' which is needed to pass burst and containment on the GT30-35 housings. The GT28 v-band housings do not have the mohawk. The turbine inlet flange is a bit higher compared to the Tial to give the exhaust flow a straighter shot into the housing for higher turbine efficiency. The turbine outlet flange is pushed in closer to make it shorter and more compact.
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads.
spdracerut is offline   Reply With Quote