NASIOC Vendor

Member#: 198281
Chapter/Region: MAIC
Vehicle:
2005 WRX/STi
WRB of course

Quote:
Originally Posted by gsrcrxsi View Post
Thanks for the clarification. When you do this, do you start with the 4" inlet version? Or the 3" inlet version?
We start with the T04B, which is the 3" inlet.

Quote:
For some reason I thought you started with a 4" inlet version, milled off the 4", drilled some holes, and machined a new 3" inlet and bolted it to the compressor. Is that not the case? Is that what you used to do before the 3" was available? Or maybe I'm confusing this with something you did with your low-mount setup.
That was on the low mount. We did that to get around space constraints, and found it also improved surge capabilities, which Garrett confirmed as they had performed similar tests.

Quote:
If I were to order this, and tell you that I planned to run the compressor outlet pointed "up", would you then grind off a different portion of the compressor?
We've never done that before and out donor block is long gone. If you wanted to do it yourself, the operation isn't that difficult as long as you have a sander or grinder. Assuming pointing the housing up will only mean you grind a bit more and in different areas.

Quote:
Getting excited for this. From all the info I've been able to find, gen2 GTX3071R + Tial 0.82 hotside should be perfect for my goals. Would you be able to integrate that into your kit (as in buy it all from you)?
Absolutely, we haven't made the changes to our website as it will add many more part numbers for our vendors, but we can accommodate whichever 30/35R turbo you'd like.
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads.
KillerBMotorsport is offline   Reply With Quote