View Single Post
Old 07-11-2019, 01:34 PM   #15
UncleFester
Scooby Newbie

Member#: 488783

Quote:
Originally Posted by JSR84 View Post
I'm by no means a pro but I have loads of mechanical experience. I disassembled my stock block and assembled everything on to an IAG Stage 2.5. It's pretty straight forward if you follow the factory service manual. If you get stuck on something there are plenty of online resources, just make sure you check multiple sources. I had hoped to get everything swapped over in a week, but about 2 days in I said screw it and decided it was going to take as long as it was going to take to do it properly. I could probably do it in half the time now.

Checkout Subi Performance on YouTube, I wish I had watched his videos prior to assembling my engine. He does a lot of short block stuff, but has lots of complete build videos. Some of his stuff is in German, but he does most in English and he's pretty easy to understand.

As for the heads, I brought mine to a reputable machine shop and had them inspect and clean them. I figured while they're off, I might as well. I also had upgraded valve springs put in so I'm ready to install new cams when it's time.

Good Luck,
Cheers
I'm like you, if it takes longer, so be it.
Another week or two of a rental car is way cheaper than what happens from rushing this build.

How much was it to inspect and clean up the heads?
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads.
UncleFester is offline   Reply With Quote