Old 11-12-2019, 08:34 AM   #1338
MyNameIdeasWereTaken
Scooby Newbie

Member#: 508165
Chapter/Region: South East
Vehicle:
2016 WRX
Crystal Black Silica

First order of business has been to upgrade all the front facing lights to LEDs. Tested the H8 LED fog light kit from my 987 in the Subie's low beams. Light output is significantly better than the stock halogen bulbs and the cutoff is surprisingly sharp even with the stock projectors. I'm just pleased to find that these cars don't have PWM lights (or they're at least not throwing any codes for me).

We disabled the DRLs by modifying the relay, just like I had done on my Outback. DRLs aren't a legal requirement here and I don't like the way the high beams glow.

Ordered another LED kit for the fog lights.
Swapped the license plate bulbs and the front running lights to LEDs.
Swapped the interior dome light to an LED.

The steering wheel has a dent in the leather, so I ordered a new perforated skin.

I also did some research on the parts currently installed on this car, as it's not stock.
  • Perrin Master Cylinder Support
  • Perrin Lightweight Crank Pulley
  • Perrin Pulley Cover
  • Cobb Big SF Intake System
  • Invidia J Pipe
  • Invidia Racing Catback
  • Stage2+ Protune

My C30 was dyno'd at 272whp and current weighs around 3000lbs. 0-60 is consistently at 5 seconds, occasionally sub-5 once the tires are warm. This WRX can pull about 1 car length on the C30 by the top of 2nd gear, so I'm pleased with where it currently is power-wise. No plans to add anything else in the performance category and since I already have two cars with track setup coilovers, we'll be leaving the suspension stock until it needs to be replaced.

My wife filled up her shopping cart with the aero parts and vinyl, so the plan is to "finish" this family-car build by the end of the year and then enjoy it for many years to come.
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads.

Last edited by MyNameIdeasWereTaken; 11-13-2019 at 10:11 AM.
MyNameIdeasWereTaken is offline   Reply With Quote