Old 05-10-2013, 01:19 AM   #486
Sensyon
Scooby Newbie

Member#: 212904
Chapter/Region: NESIC
Vehicle:
2006 Impreza WRX STI
Obsidian Black Pearl

I needed an '07 Alternator. I had the part number, but they wanted my VIN, so I gave it to them. They gave me an '06 Alternator, because my car is an '06. I told them I needed the '07 specifically, and he responded with, "This will fit, trust me." I informed him that I knew it will fit, but I need the '07 alternator. It's different. He referred me to his supervisor. I explained everything again, and the issue I was presenting the associate, and he said, "No problem. I just need your VIN." After explaining everything to him, I was annoyed that he needed a VIN, so I asked him, "Did you consume that explanation I just gave for the last 10 minutes..?" He says he did, and literally, and impressively, reexplained it back to me. Then, he accurately deduced EXACTLY why I needed it, and said he understood, but in order to help, he needs my VIN. Its Parts Dept. policy. I gave him the benefit of the doubt. I gave him my VIN... He came back 5 minutes later with the '06 Alternator.............

Of course, I reexplain my situation and he says, "Trust me. It'll fit". I said I know, I don't want fit, I want '07 STI Alternator. I bring him and the associate to my car and physically show him why I need it over the '06 Alternator and the supervisor agrees an '07 Alt would help. The associate says, I just need a part number.... Go inside and as I try to hand him the part number, he walks away. He comes back a few minutes later with the '07 Alternator. I ask him if he needed the part number and he scoffs and claims, "I know where every part is. Just ask".................
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads.