Scooby Newbie

Member#: 78421
Chapter/Region: Tri-State
Vehicle:
2013 Toyota Avalon
Nautical Blue

Quote:
Originally Posted by cvlooper View Post
Alright...I'm officially spooked. I've got an '09 hatchback with a VIN ending in the 805000's. I've been asking around about a noise that happens after start-up and within the first 20 ft of rollout that sounds to me like a drivetrain/transmission type of noise. Best I can describe is that it's a one-time clank that comes from somewhere up front, only after start-up. Definitely not a ping in the engine.
However, after scanning through this thread, I went out to my car and listened for an engine ping. It doesn't sound any different than it did when I bought it. There are some little tinging type noises, but nothing out of the ordinary I don't think.

What I'd like to know, is how many WRX's are out there that haven't had any issues? I'm certain that there are some failures that haven't made this list, but aren't there probably 10,000+ WRX's w/o problems?

I've got too many other things to worry about right now than my car failing in the first year of ownership. This really stinks
I noticed the same exact sound. I don't know what the hell it is, but i notice it just after i take off after start-up as well. Im curious to hear what it is, as i have no idea. It doesnt sound like it's coming from the engine bay.
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads.
StopSweatinMe is offline   Reply With Quote