danielre
Scooby Newbie

Member#: 505218
Chapter/Region: Tri-State
Vehicle:
2013 Scion FRS
White

Default Justifying STI purchase

Hey guys. I know the STI vs WRX question has probably come up 1000 times.. But I'm here to ask again lol. I'm between a Limited WRX w/ harmon kardon and a base STI, pricing difference I'm looking at is 3k, and on paper I know I probably should go with the WRX... But I've always wanted the STI, and after test driving the STI (test drove a 2019) I love the steering feel, rumble from the UEL headers, feeling of the gearbox, the shorter gears--basically everything about the way driving it feels. I think the driving modes and dccd are cool as well, and this is probably the last "toy" car I'm going to be able to get before I need something more practical (family/house in the coming years).

I really want my fiancee to be on board with my purchase, but she is totally against the STI--she hates the wing and thinks it's not worth it to spend 3k more on less features (which I understand from her perspective). Do you guys have any practical reasons I can try to justify me wanting an STI? Part of the reason I'm getting a car is for AWD, we just moved back to upstate NY and RWD isn't the best in the snow--I've heard the manual DCCD setting can be a bit better handling in the snow. The only other feature it has (that she cares about at least) is the dual climate control..

I realize that I don't need a beefier transmission, better brakes, lower gearing, etc for my daily driver--but I've always wanted the STI!
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads.
danielre is offline   Reply With Quote