Thread: Street Mod.
View Single Post
Old 09-10-2019, 01:57 AM   #2153
Thorium06
Scooby Newbie

Member#: 254372

Quote:
Originally Posted by smoky View Post
I have an opportunity to get a used RCE Tarmac 2 for my GD for cheap and would like to know feedback if someone tried it on a SM car. If you have tried one, what was the spring rate with it?

Currently have a set of fortune auto 510, 13k + 3k helper spring (with lot of preload) in front and 10k + 4k helper spring (almost no preload) in the rear.
The RCE is both a step up and down in different ways. The RCE/KWs have nearly unparalleled travel and are amazing at keeping the inside rear tire planted compared to the Fortunes that you’re currently running. Overall just based on this, you’d find time on course.

However, the RCE is limited by the rear valving and the inability to control a spring rate that is needed in even STU let alone SM. The rear shocks begin losing control around the 550lb mark, 650 is really pushing it. I ran around 800-900 out back in STU and threw in some 1000lb springs the night before Nationals this year in SM.

Either way, the KW/RCE shock package is excellent, especially if you stay within the rates they were designed to handle, and is still a large step up over the Fortune setup and other shocks that use a generic shock and adjustable lower mount to fit the same shock on multiple platforms.
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads.
Thorium06 is offline   Reply With Quote