View Single Post
Old 04-20-2013, 09:25 PM   #1
superbike81
Scooby Newbie

Member#: 235442
Default Converting 5spd DCCD Transmission to FWD (Oiling Concerns?)

As a part of my Factory Five 818 kit car project, the transmission will be converted from AWD to FWD. The problem is, the parts included with the kit are designed for the USDM 02+ WRX 5-speed transmission which doesn't have DCCD. I've got a transmission from a 5spd V4 STI RA that does have DCCD.

My transmission code is: TY752VB5CA

I asked a similar question in the Factory Five forums and got a response by PM but it's clearly a Google Translate job so I'm trying to see if I'm missing anything or if there is truth to what he says.

Quote:
But please that for the transfercase of the factory transfercase with the metal 4 bolts cover in top you need to modify the lubrication for the 3-4 and fifth gear needle bearing. Because by remaving the central diff the oil flow to the needle bearings wil stop! Its for 10% sure you will haven seized needle bearings!

For the Saker racing cars we had lots of problems in the beginning with the transmissions.
Main reason I want this transmission is for the 4.44 final drive and the stronger gears. If this oiling issue is true, is it easily fixable? Or should I just swap the gears and everything into a non-DCCD 5-spd transmission?

Thanks!
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads.
superbike81 is offline   Reply With Quote