NASIOC Vendor

Member#: 198281
Chapter/Region: MAIC
Vehicle:
2005 WRX/STi
WRB of course

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quatro Negro View Post
Installed mine the other weekend and had some issues with bolt/pan clearances. Seems as though the radius between the pan drop and the flange was too close to the pan bolt hole. I saw that some of the holes had clearance cuts in the pan to account for this issue but some of the holes, specifically the ones I had a problem with on the passenger side of the pan, did not. I was able to tighten the bolts down to torque but the material basically scraped off while tightening finally allowing for a flush fitment. Other than that everything seems to work great and love the peace of mind that comes from a higher capacity pan with better baffling.
Very sorry to hear about your experience with our pan, it should not have been like that. Sounds like the pan may have moved or not been located properly when it was machined. We could have replaced it or added spotfaces to the holes close to the radius.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BoCourage View Post
Awesome , do you get good readings using the stock dip stick and are you ever going to market a pressure reliving dip stick along with your baffle kits, that has a button on the top to relive minute amounts of pressure to get a more accurate reading of oil levels?
Stock 2004-2018 STi or 2006-2014 WRX dipstick will work just fun. If you give the handle a little shake or wiggle, it will break the o-ring seal. A pressure relieving dipstick seems like an expensive work around.
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads.
KillerBMotorsport is offline   Reply With Quote