Old 12-22-2020, 12:30 PM   #1
spoolinsti05
Scooby Guru

Member#: 108051
Chapter/Region: Tri-State
Vehicle:
2005 TickingTimeBomb
Jr tuned TT Sleeved

Default High resistance at immobilizer module grounds. No codes runs and drives very odd..

Update post #20

Check post #11 for update

So I had some major continuity issues with resistance in my engine harness. I fixed all that. Had pin tension issues fixed that.

Now I have this issue where I'm getting continuity to ground with the ecu unplugged. Ok thats good and normal.. Buttttt....

Once I plug the harness in to the ecu and start the car my ground is beeping morse code to me on the volt meter with my backprobe attached. I'm pretty sure that's not normal..

So I jumped all the grounds and the car runs so much better when I do that!

I'm suspecting a circuit issue in the ecu at this point. I could jump all them to ground internally in the ecu. But I don't want to band-aide a bad motherboard circuit issue honestly.

I really need a fsm anyone have the ecu pin out in color coded? Jr had a 04 sti ecu in my car at one point when my 05 one got bricked. I just wanna make sure he swapped all the corresponding pins back when he put the 05 sti ecu back in. I suppose that could be my cause of ground signal issue. It's just two wires on pin b and 4 on pin d. I've been using the aem ecu pin out to check my ecu wiring. But they don't show the color coded wires in corresponding pin locations..

Anyone ever have this issue?

I don't really want to get a new ecu because last time I unmarried my Cobb ap she didn't wanna sign the divorce papers and my ecu got bricked. And my Cobb ap was trash..

The more I learn about these cars I realize it's not only like a rotary engine but the wiring is probably worse then an older german car driving down the road with the tail light flickering.
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads.

Last edited by spoolinsti05; 01-07-2021 at 10:09 PM.
spoolinsti05 is offline   Reply With Quote