Scooby Guru

Member#: 23260
Chapter/Region: BAIC
Vehicle:
Patr ick Willis
for Rookie of the year

Quote:
Originally posted by kickin_81
Is it cold there in Alizee's pants? Does it get more quiet as the car warms up? If so, then you may have a defective timing belt tensioner. That's a warranty issue your local Subaru dealer could help you with. I remember my car had a very loud knocking around the alternator area in the winter season. I took it in, and it was fixed at the dealer the same day. I had that happen to me two times already. They said that the first one was a probably a bad part, that's why I had to take it in a year later. Hope it helps.
It does seem to get a little quieter as the car warms up. However it is hard to hear due to the intake/exhaust combo. Was this part recalled becuase my warranty is over since it has been more then 3 years since the car was purchased. Also, if this is the problem wouldnt all the belts and tensioners be replaced at the 45,000 miles service? If so, just getting this service would eliminate this noise. But the description of your problem sounds very similar to what I am experiencing, although it isnt really a knocking sound, it kind of sounds like the power window motor noise when I roll my windows down.
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads.
JewPac42 is offline   Reply With Quote