Hyper
Scooby Guru

Member#: 15822
Vehicle:
1999 WRB GM6
2.34 LR destroker

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrsaturn7085 View Post
The USDM intercoolers are almost the same, too. Lots of money for little (or no) benefit). I could not fit the 2006-2007 intercooler behind the DBW throttle without firewall interference.

I think the benefit of the OEM style is having the throttle response given the large reservoir right in front of the throttle. Turbo lag is negligible but the throttle lag does exist with a FMIC. You can tune around it with a little more spark, etc. but it *DOES* need to be considered when you tune the tip-in.

EDIT: Hyper - are you logging pre-throttle boost in that photo? That's a great place to do it that I hadn't considered, but for anti-lag tuning, I've been brainstorming where I want to stick the tap.

What I *really* wouldn't mind having is a restrictor with something like this built-in so I could measure PR and hold it around 1.8.

yes, it goes directly into the autronic map sensor
honestly I can't say I noticed any added throttle lag when I added my lateral FMIC setup. I can see when it can become an issue with long piping and a core made out of soda cans

that's a cool restrictor, never seen one like that before, we've always been using a long trumpet copied from prodrive grN
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads.
Hyper is offline   Reply With Quote