Scooby Guru

Member#: 31511
Chapter/Region: SCIC
Vehicle:
2003 GD2 GM4 BP9
www.ITNRally.org

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hagwag02
I've probably overlooked the reasoning, but why did Subaru decide to close the lower fascia openings (pre '04) and instead choose to use a quaint little penlight? This seems to be contrary to logic.
product planners at their best who knows maybe they were trying to gentrify the Impreza.
Quote:
Now, for argument's sake, suppose I were to purchase a pair of Hella 500 fogs (amber) w/mount brackets. I am assuming I will either have to cut and splice the original wiring to fit the Hellas, or will have to order a fitting for the Hella to adapt to the wiring. ???? And will my (Primitive) mesh fog covers fit? (Repeat question, sorry.)
not sure about the covers, but If I recall, I think I just cut the harness of and spliced in the Hella one.
Quote:
Hopefully RI will come through with their '02-'03 bumper skid.
its coming...
Quote:
May I ask for a recommendation? I will be adding a pair of driving lights either to the bar itself or through the grill. I get to work around 6:45 am in the Winter months and 5:45 am (or earlier) during the Spring through Fall months. The roads I drive are all rural and teeming with wildlife. There's not too much traffic at that time of day. Can I tap a pair of Hella FF1000s directly into the stock headlight assembly's harness for power and activation with the light stalk when I flip on the high beams; and if I can, should I? Or should I keep these auxiliary lights on a seperate switch.
No, you shouldn't. The stock harness can't handle that much current. You should use a relay and wire it seperately. You can tap the stock headlight harness to trigger the relay so that they turn on at the same time as the high beams.

You may want to keep it on a seperate switch, just for the occasion that you need to use highbeams without having up to light up the night sky.

RR
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads.
Rapid_Roo is offline   Reply With Quote