Old 06-10-2018, 08:59 AM   #10
Jerry_NJ
Scooby Newbie

Member#: 233288
Chapter/Region: MAIC
Vehicle:
2017 Imp CVT 5 Door
Carbide Grey

Thanks, I'm somewhat convinced full synthetic is worth the extra money. In fact after several years of regular oil I started using Shell full synthetic in my 2004 Forester which is the car I traded in (yes, it still had some trade in value at the dealer, it was low mileage, under 80,000 miles). I can, and surely will consult the owner manual, but to that I'll talk with the dealer shop folks on my oil change tomorrow. As for saving money, the service package includes rotating tires, which I think is totally unnecessary with the oil change frequency, about 5,000 miles. I'll ask what the cost is absent the tire rotation. Still, while I was moved to thinking, no more self oil changes, the light weight and size of the Impreza makes me think I may return to self maintenance at least on this item. My other vehicle, a 2016 Chevy Colorado pickup will continue to see oil changes at the dealer or independent. The truck is too big for me to feel comfortable putting in on my ramps, then too it may be high enough I don't need to elevate the front, but I digress. Thanks to all for the discussion.
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads.
Jerry_NJ is offline   Reply With Quote