Member#: 335033
Chapter/Region: NESIC
Vehicle:
2009 wrx
Dark Gray Metallic

Quote:
Originally Posted by rexblake View Post
Lol suuuuure ya did....

To OP, this is the same advice I give everyone, buy a different car. 400whp dd on a 02-03 WRX is going to cost a fortune. You will need to build everything: tranny, brakes, suspension, stand alone ecu, fuel system, and one hell of an engine build. I'd say a good 30-40k (hence the buy a better platform to start).

And it still won't be reliable.

Look at some of my old threads, I had a 470whp 02 WRX. I wish I never would have put that much time and money into such a ****ty car.

If you want, I'd fix the head gasket, keep it stock, and sell it. Then put that money towards a better car. At the very least a STI, better yet, and Evo 9, which can hit 400whp on the stock turbo with E85.
If it would really cost 40k then yeah, but an m3 or something similar. If you get a built 2.5 and transmission with a big turbo and e85 or meth it shouldn't cost more than 10-12k and could easily be at 400hp. Thats assuming your not completely untalented and helpless and can actually do the work yourself). If you can't then yeah the mechanics and tuners are going to rape you.
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads.
tunertype is offline   Reply With Quote