View Single Post
Old 11-23-2013, 03:20 PM   #465
Maxwell Power
Former Vendor

Member#: 190729
Chapter/Region: NWIC

Quote:
Originally Posted by morrocco88 View Post
Well, the time has come to build my new de-stroker! I'll be going over after Turkey Day to build the short block at MPS.

Short block:

08' sti case halves 703 casting
"240" 2.0L crank
MPS +2 rods
Manley 99.75 pistons
King or ACL bearings (whichever gives the desired clearances)
8.4:1 compression ratio

All the rotating parts were balanced together from the crank pulley to the flywheel/pressure plate. Hoping for a really tight and quiet motor, minimal piston slap from tight clearances, plus the added bonus of less side loading from the geometry of the 2.3

Heads:

08' wrx D25. Adding the wiring to my harness to run the AVCS too!

I'm still undecided what I want to do.....either go all out with porting and +1mm valves, or just leave stock ports and valves with my GSC S1's with upgraded valve springs and keep it simple.

I'm also undecided if I will stay with the BW s256, or use a GTX3071 or maybe a GTX2867.

I'm not really going for all out power and 9k rpms. I just want a silky smooth, refined motor/exhaust note, a fat power band from 4k to 8k with around 400whp. That is also why I'm switching to an EL header and trying to make a nice quiet exhaust.

I'll update with pictures from the build soon. Hoping to have this broke in and tuned by early summer!
Keep it simple
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads.
Maxwell Power is offline   Reply With Quote