View Single Post
Old 12-29-2003, 09:55 PM   #1
RWS_BajaTurbo
Scooby Newbie

Member#: 51520
Vehicle:
2004 Baja Turbo
Regatta Red

Default My new Baja Turbo fits me perfectly!

I've never been so excited about and so impressed with a new car. I recently moved to Chicago, but still like to go mountain biking and camping. I occasionally have the need to haul stuff, but also like to drive fast and weave in and out of traffic.

For the last six months, I'd been looking at small pickups, wagons, and SUVs. I wasn't overly excited about any thing that I looked at because it was either 1) too big for the city, 2) too slow for my lead foot, 3) not versitile enough, or 4) just plain boring.

I had just about made up my mind on the Jetta Wagon 1.8T when I saw a Baja driving down the road. I never watch TV and have never seen the commercials. I hadn't even thought about looking at Subarus until I saw the Baja.

When I test drove the Baja, I made up my mind the same day. I was sold. The dealer didn't have a turbo, so I ordered it from the factory and was going to have to wait 2 months. As luck had it, they found exactly what I was looking for in Indiana and had it shipped up to Chicago.

Here are the specs:
- Regatta Red
- Leather
- 4-Speed Automatic (best for city driving)
- Bed Extender
- Trailer Hitch
- Security System Upgrade
- SnugLid Fiberglass Bed Cover (Regatta Red)
- Premium Sound w/ 6-CD disk changer & subwoofer

I've been driving the new Baja for a week now and am loving it. It's easy to park in small parking spots, I can zip through congested traffic easily, and its comfortible on long drives. I have a 1.5 hour commute. Its very quiet on the highway (even going 90...told you I was a lead foot). I took the roof rails off; it reduced the wind noise dramatically.

I also like the fact that it hasn't caught on yet. The first Baja that I saw a few weeks ago, was the only Baja I've seen in Chicago. Every time someone pulls up next to me, I notice them looking my way (I like that). Of course, it could also be that I just cut them off...
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads.
RWS_BajaTurbo is offline   Reply With Quote