Old 01-21-2022, 04:44 PM   #2
AceKingNYC
Scooby Newbie

Member#: 406087
Chapter/Region: Tri-State
Vehicle:
06 VF48 Wagon
WRB

So i wanted to wire up the leveling to work on my sti headlights too (also in an 06 wrx) - but i was having a tough time finding the harness that plugs into the headlights (for the motors) to wire back to the switch. iWire i believe has them, and can source them, or - you'd need an 06/07 sti main harness to separate the wiring to connect back to the switch. Since there are motors, there will obviously need to be some sort of power/ground somewhere in the wiring.

As for the power folding mirror, I have mine set to the switch only, not to open/fold when i lock/unlock the car. The wiring to the switch is very simple - it's 2 wires for each mirror - 1 wire is an "open" function to the switch, the other is a "close" function. You want to essentially wire the "open" function of each mirror together and run that to the "open" pin on the harness for the master switch on the diver's side. The same for the "close" function. If you look at the harness on the back of the master switch, you will see 2 empty slots where you can pin the wires in. I do not remember which pin is which but there are only 2 possible options.

Also, use a dremel to cut out the required space on the master switch panel to accommodate the folding button
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads.
AceKingNYC is offline   Reply With Quote