View Single Post
Old 07-31-2014, 11:30 AM   #1993
mj213
Scooby Newbie

Member#: 252218
Chapter/Region: SWIC

Quote:
Originally Posted by 02 RS View Post
Pull the motor if your planning on doing engine mounts and head gaskets. My friend worked at a shop and did head gaskets without pulling the motor. Royal PITA. He said they had 3 people working on it to make sure they didn't scratch the mating surfaces, or drop the heads. We pulled my motor out for my STi swap and he said "damn, that was easy, I shoulda pulled the motor on that wagon!". Plus I have everything needed to get all those jobs done, even an engine crane. All for a price, of course.
How about 2 1 bottles of Negro Modelo? Haha. As it turns out, I found the head gaskets were indeed replaced with the updated versions by the dealer from the original/previous owner. Whew. And no coolant leaks. Still tempted to pull the motor, though. Also hesitant to do it, as I fear if I do, I may have it out so long I'll get the itch to rebuild the motor. I'd ultimately like to replace any leaking gaskets, seals, etc at the very least, along with the timing belt kit.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rcostia View Post
Are you whoring yourself out again? Lol
Isn't that what people do around here? It's pays the best, from what my dad told me.
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads.

Last edited by mj213; 08-01-2014 at 06:43 PM. Reason: Disappearing beer!
mj213 is offline   Reply With Quote