Default Warranty Denial!

Name: Matt Butler

Make: 2004 Impreza WRX sedan

Mileage: 19k

Time Out Of Use: never taken care of at dealer

Problem And Likely Cause: Tear in carpeting at drivers side

Modifications: None

Submitted For Warranty Work (Yes/No): Yes

Reason Given For Denial: They said it was wear. Possibly caused by work shoes, and then said dress shoes.

Your Story: I took the car to Dwyer and sons subaru a couple weeks back for warranty repair on the carpeting. Within minutes i was denied, saying it was from wear. The car just passed the 19k mark. My Taurus has over 100k MORE miles, and guess what.... Still no tear in the carpeting. I've taken my case up with Subaru. After the dealer initially denied me, and told me the cost was roughly 300 for the carpeting, and 4 hours of labor, they reviewed the case. After review they offered to replace the carpeting that they now claim is 750 dollars, and wanted me to pay for 350 dollars in labor. I called them back on this, and expressed my feelings. I should not have to pay for warranty work. The person who reviewed the case has since retracted the offer, and they are just screwing me over now. I have seen nothing but CEL lights, bad paint, and poor material quality in this car since day one of ownership. I have learned my lesson. NEVER buy Subaru again.
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads.
MetRx is offline   Reply With Quote